Thứ Hai, 14 tháng 10, 2013

Samsung NP355E5C-A01US Deals (1.7GHz AMD Dual Core E2-1800 Accelerated 1.7GHz Processor, 4GB Ram, 500GB hard drive, Windows 8)

By Devrie K. Paradowski

It is taking us a bit of time to get used to the new Windows format; however, the machine is pretty quick. I'm not a techie, so specifics, i can't give. I got this computer primarily because my daughter loves to create animated videos with Windows Movie Maker while listening to a constant stream of music from Youtube and chatting with friends on Facebook. Works well for that.

By Cas Walker
My first day working on the NP355E5C and it's not as slow as I feared it would be. It has a low end AMD processor so I was worried it would be annoyingly slow to use. So far I've installed Windows updates and ClassicShell to make Windows 8 usable and performance has been ok.

The 5400rpm 500GB Hitachi hard drive with 8MB cache is a pretty standard part for inexpensive laptops and it's kinda slow. If this was my daily use computer I'd be tempted to upgrade it to an SSD drive.

I was surprised such an inexpensive PC has Realtek gigabit for wired ethernet and it has bluetooth in addition to two USB 3 ports and two USB 2 ports. That's better connectivity options than other low end laptops.

The screen is bright and clear. I'm not a touch typist but the keyboard is working well for me.

The trackpad has frequently quit tracking my finger until I lift off and put my finger back down. I've not found any setting in the control panel that helps.

Update 04mar13: I'd hoped I could find a way to add Windows7 but this laptop uses "Secure Boot" making it difficult and expensive to get Windows 7 installed. It looks like I would have to turn off Secure Boot then reformat the hard drive and reinstall Windows7 from scratch with a retail Win 7 disk. It appears I would then loose the ability to use the provided Windows8 installation. Think I'm stuck with Win8. I'm using Classic Shell to help make Win8 more usable. That makes it pretty much like Win7 but still a little weird. On the upside, every program and tweak I use in Win7 is working in Win8 so that's cool.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét